Over the weekend we planted our vegetable garden. Growing up, my mom always had a garden, so it makes me exited to have my own! This year we have a few herbs, a bunch of different pepper plants, tomatoes, cucumbers, summer squash, zucchini, red onions, and last but not least - brussels sprouts. I am excited to see what the brussels sprouts do! Ill be sure to update you on the progress. We have had a little sunshine, but right now its cold and rainy. We need a good day of sunshine and the plants will sprout right up! Summer, where are you? Please come and STAY!
- 2 small to medium sweet potato, diced
- 3 eggs
- 6 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 Tbs dill, finely chopped (Use a little more if fresh)
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise (you can make your own with this recipe)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 Large Red Onion, Diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, in a pan, cook until nearly crispy.
- When the bacon is almost done, throw in the diced sweet potatoes. Use the grease from the bacon to cook
- Meanwhile, hard boil some eggs.
- In a large bowl combine the dill, mayo, lemon juice and onion.
- Once the eggs are done, cool, and dice up.
- Let the potatoes and bacon cool for a bit. Once everything is cool - combine in the bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and your done!
Be sure to keep cool and store in the fridge