This is Bynx. He loves any kind of meat, and he loves to hang out in the kitchen! He is patiently waiting for some turkey to drop from my turkey carcass!
Turkey Tacos (Click here for a printable version)
- Leftover Turkey (or any kind of meat!)
- Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Onion (red or white)
- Jalapeños (optional)
- Heat up your turkey or meat
- Wash romaine in leaves (carefully not to break them!
- Spread on some guac and then pile on the ingredients!
Yummy Turkey Broth (Click here for a printable version)
- Turkey Carcass and Giblets
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, cut up
- 2 medium carrots, cut up
- About a tablespoon of fresh parsley
- A little sea salt
- dash pepper
- Throw the bones in your pot of choice, along with the giblets and cover with cold water until everything is basically submerged. (Because the carcass was so big, I actually used a lobster pot for this It was a carcass for a 20lb turkey!!! )
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, if there is any gunk on the top – scrape it off and add more water if needed.
- Simmer for as long as you need to. 3-4 hours at best. It won't have a super strong taste,but it will be good and won't be watered down.
- Strain broth using cheese cloth or something comparable. I packaged mine in freezer bags in 1C 1/2 servings, but if you typically use more at a time – feel free to break up as needed! Then put them in the freezer and you have yummy, healthy broth! It will keep in the fridge, but I wouldn't recommend keeping it past 3 days.