We are starting another nutritional challenge from August 3rd - September 14th, so stay tuned for some recipes to help get you through it!
So I am dedicating this post to Joe, my fiancé (still getting used to that!) This is one of his favorites, (and is very versatile!)
- 1lb of meat (we LOVE Shrimp! but chicken or steak, or a combo works well too!)
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1tbs of Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- A bunch of stiff veggies (I used broccoli, mushrooms, Green and Red Peppers, Onions, Zucchini)
- Fish Sauce (be sure to look at the label!)
- Optional: Some fresh basil
- Start by preheating your pan. For best result, I would recommend a Wok.
- Cut all your veggies to bite size. Its your preference on how big or small you want them!
- Open your can of coconut milk, be careful not to shake it! Scoop the fat off the top and put it in the hot pan. Scoop all of it out until you get to the liquid (its typically about 1/2 the can) WARNING: this is going to Smoke ALOT! Be sure to turn on your oven fan, or you will set off smoke alarms!
- Once the coconut milk fat starts to bubble and separate, add the curry paste and mix well. This will do it magic and make the curry paste
- Now throw in your meat and cook accordingly.
- Once the meat is nearly done throw, in the veggies, basil if your using it, and pour in the remainder of the coconut milk.
- When the veggies are tender, its time to eat!