So next week is a HUGE week in Crossfit. Its the start of the Crossfit Open. Those of you not familiar, the Open is a world wide event that any athlete can sign up for. Each week (on Wednesdays) a workout is released that you have to complete at a participating CrossFit affiliate, or submit a videotape of their performance to the Games website. In five weeks there are 5 workouts. All of them are intended to be attainable, but yet still have a way of pushing you out of your comfort zone. Then, from these scores, the top athletes and teams from each region (there are 17 regions, we are in the Northeast Region). We have been training to make it as a team, hopefully some of our athletes will make it as individuals too! So I am excited, nervous – but ready as I am going to be! If you want to check out the site its: http://games.crossfit.com/
So now onto the recipe! This is for a paleo alfredo sauce that will knock your boots off! I will admit, there are a few things I miss from non-paleo food and one is alfredo sauce. I paired this with some Quinioa, Shrimp and chicken, but would go well over some spaghetti squash with chicken and broccoli!
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 Can Coconut Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Bacon Grease
- 1 Table spoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Rosemary
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Oregano
- About a tablespoon of Melted Coconut oil (For roasting Acorn Squash)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350. Cut your acorn squash in half and clean the seeds. Brush the cocoanut oil on both halves. This will take about an hour, so you have a little time to get some housework done, or to prepare whatever you decide to put the sauce over!
- Heat up your pan with the bacon grease. When the squash is done, scoop it into the heated grease.
- Add in the coconut milk and your spices and mix, mix, mix! Its a bit of a thicker sauce but the all consistency will this out a bit.
- Once its at a consistency you like, pour it over you dish of choice.