We are trying to go apple picking this weekend (as long as the weather cooperates!) so hopefully I will have some apple recipes for you!
We have still been cooking, but have been using recipes I have already shared! I did however amend a great recipe the other day, and wanted to share.
Its Mamas Stuffed Peppers Gone Paleo - REVISED!
- 6 peppers (I used green, but you can use other colors as well!)
- 1.5 Lbs. of ground beef (the leaner the better)
- 1 onion
- a few cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa (I cook mine in chicken broth)
- a handful of fresh herbs (I used basil, rosemary and thyme because its what I had!)
- 1 can of Trader Joes tomatoes Diced & Fire Roasted with Organic Green Chiles
- Jalapeño (Optional!)
- Start by par boiling the peppers until semi soft
- While those are cooking, start cooking the meat - add chopped onions, garlic and herbs. (you can cook it as much or as little as you like. It will take longer to cook in the over, the less the meat is cooked)
- Once the peppers are done, cut of the tops, chop them up and add to the meat mixture.
- For the tomato mixture, add the can of tomatoes in a foo processor and puree. I also added a jalapeño to give a little extra kick!
- Mix about half the tomato mixtures and the quinoa into the meat mixture.
- Stand your peppers up in a glass-baking dish and stuff the meat mixture into the peppers.
- Cover the tops of the peppers with the remaining tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350 until all the meat is cooked through! (The time will depend on how much you cooked the meat before hand. The flavors may be richer if you cook the meat about half way and cook the other half in the oven.)