So on to the recipe! This is a great dish to make for your special someone, or treat your self to a special meal. It's pretty fancy looking, but is surprisingly easy to make. Depending on time, you could leave off the almonds - but I think it gives it a great flavor boost!
Almond Crusted Stuffed Chicken
- 6 chicken breasts thinned (You will need a mallet for this!)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bag chopped spinach
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic
- 6 – 8 pieces of cooked bacon,
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Coarsely ground almonds (I used the Herb-Pepper Almonds)
- Toothpicks (to hold the chicken together!)
- Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan and sauté onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Chop up the cooked bacon, and add spinach and bacon pieces, cook until the spinach is wilted down.
- Take your thinned out chicken breasts and place them on a cookie sheet. Spread the mixture on the chicken and roll it up.
- Secure with a toothpick, and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Take your almonds and give them a few grids in your food processor. (You want them coarse, not to small!) Roll your chicken into the almonds and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 35 minutes.