Who doesn't love nuggets? These tasty little treats are great for a get together, football game, snacking, anytime! I used turkey, but you could use chicken, or even beef. I would suggest a very lean beef though because you wouldn't want a pool of grease when your baking them.
- 1lb Turkey (or desired meat)
- 1 rib celery, diced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, diced fine
- 1/2 onion, diced fine
- 2 tbs fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Approximately 1 cup of coconut flour
- Cut up all the fixings and knead the celery, garlic, onion, parsley and salt and pepper into the ground turkey.
- Put the 3 eggs, beaten, into a bowl and put the coconut flour into another bowl.
- Heat the skillet with about a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- While the oil is heating take some of the meat mixture and make into a small ball (I squished them down a bit to make them thinner and cut down on cooking time)
- Role meat ball into the coconut flour, dip into the egg, then roll back into the coconut flour
- Once the oil is heated, put a few of the floured nuggets in the oil. Cook about 2 min on each side, or until brown. Keep adding oil as needed until all nuggets are cooked.
- Place cooked nuggets into a baking pan, once all nuggets are fried in the coconut oil, bake on 375 for about 20 min.
Serve with some homemade honey mustard and your crew will be asking for more!