So what else is new around here. We adopted a new kitty! Full grown kitty… his name is Milo. We thought Bynx needed a friend, and friends of mine couldn't keep Milo anymore = Match made in heaven? However, the introduction has been a bit rough. Milo REALLY wants to be friends and wants to do everything and be EVERYWHERE Bynx is. Bynx is just not sure how he feels about it. Bynx is an old man, and may be a bit set in his ways. Sometimes Im not sure if Milo is playing or if he's getting jealous. He flips a switch like no other! We are working on it, time will tell. But we are hoping Bynx allows us to keep Milo! I like to sing "We are Siamese if you Pleeeaasseee" to them. Its fun.
Bruins are moving to the next round! After 7 games, with the last being the most intense hockey game ever, we are still in it. Now if the Red Sox could get their groove back……
Alright, enough babble. Now for the Recipes!
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 Mango
- About 1/4 Red Onion
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 a large cucumber
- 1 –2 jalapeños
- A small bunch of fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime Juice
- Cut up all the fruit and veggies and mix into a bowl.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice from about 1/2 a lime, Add the spices and put in the fridge. The longer it sits, the more the flavors combine!
Sweet n Spicy Salmon
- 2lbs of Salmon
- 1 table spoon of honey
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Cayenne Pepper
- Place the salmon on a sheet of tin foil (make sure you have enough to cover it!)
- Brush on some EVOO and Honey to coat the fish
- Sprinkle the cayenne pepper to taste (the more you have the spicier it will be!)
- Chop the cilantro and sprinkle over the fish.
- Cover with the tin foil and place on the grill for about 30 min (give or take a few mints depending on the thickness)
- When its flaky, its done!!
Garlicky Basil Shrimp
- 1lb of Raw shrimp (shelled of course!)
- Handful of Basil leaves
- Few cloves of garlic
- Place cleaned shimp on a little tin foil basket with the EVOO, garlic, chopped basil leaves, and salt n pepper to taste
- Cook on the grill for about 15 min, they will be pink in color when they are done.