Now, lets talk New Years resolutions! For those thinking of New Years resolutions, start now! Why wait? Be sure to make attainable resolutions that you will stick with and be encouraged to stick with.
In the next few weeks, Joe and I are going to give the Zone a shot. I will be sticking to paleo, Joe will be mainly paleo but still including dairy. It will be interesting… I honestly never thought about measuring my food! But we have been training really hard for the upcoming CrossFit open (March 7th) and want to be the best we can be and diet goes a long way! So, in the future when I post some recipes, ill try to include some Zone info for those of you who are curious!
For a recipe today, I chose some stuffed peppers. They are easy to make, freeze very well, and you can make a ton of them! Hopefully, it can help take some of the stress off a busy schedule. My mom made these growing up, they were my favorite meal! She does put rice in them, but I just left that out. (But anyone wanting to add extra carbs, mix cooked white rice with the meat and walla!)
Paleo Stuffed Peppers (Click here for a printable version)
- 2lbs Ground Beef (The leaner the better)
- 1-2 Onions
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- 6 Peppers (I used green, but you can use any color)
- Few Cloves of Garlic
- Start by par boiling the peppers until semi soft. Cut tops off and put aside.
- Cut up the onions, garlic, and tops of peppers and mix into the meat mixture along with salt and pepper to taste. Also mix in about half the can of tomato sauce.
- Stuff the meat into the peppers
- Pre heat oven to 350, Place peppers in baking dish and cover with the remaining tomato sauce
- Bake for about 45 min, or until meat is cooked through. Time may vary depending on how big or small your peppers are!