But, first and foremost - I would like to wish my Grandma a very happy birthday!! Today, she's 92 years YOUNG! I know she won't read this, but Happy Birthday Grams!!! She's just as witty as she was years ago :)
Next subject, wedding planning! Still trying to get prices and such for a destination so we can make the decision to find somewhere local, or hop on a plane to Mexico! Decisions, Decisions! Im getting anxious, I want to start planning!!!
Those of you who planted a garden, how’s it going? We picked some cucumber, and there’s more to come there! These guys are doing well. We also have a TON of tomatoes, hopefully be picking one in the next few days! We have had a few cherry tomatoes but that’s it. My Zucchini, summer squab, and green peppers all decided to just grow flowers and no veggies this year. Not sure what’s going on there! I have picked a few jalapeños and chills, but no habaneros either. All in all, its 100X more successful than last year, but its pretty slow. I will def be doing it again next year!
SO for the recipe. This is a recipe I sort of made up on the fly. We are doing a nutrition challenge at the gym (not Paleo, but Healthy…) so I am "allowed" to eat cheese. I don't eat much dairy, but once in a while, its just good! The Cheese I chose was else a block that needed shredding. I would recommend getting already shredded cheese, it will save a lot of time!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 5-8 oz. Cheese (I used a Jalapeno Habanero Jack, but you can use what you like!)
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- Optional: Jalapenos!
First thing you need to do is cook your squash. You have 2 options:
- Preheat oven to 350, cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Put a small amount of water at the bottom of baking dish and put the squash halves in flesh down. Bake for about an hour. When the meat starts to “spaghetti” and come out easy with a fork, its done!
- The other option is cooking the squash in the microwave. If you have a being enough micro, this is a much faster option! In a microwave safe dish add about 1/2 inch water or chicken broth to the bottom of the container. Add the spaghetti squash halves with flesh facing down. Microwave for 8-12 minutes until the flesh comes out easily with a fork.
- Once squash is cooked, put the flesh in a backing dish. Make the thickness pretty thin, spaghetti squash tends to hold a lot of water – this will keep it drier.
- Sprinkle your cheese and amount of choice on top of the squash.
- Chop up your cooked bacon and jalapenos if you’re spicing it up, throw them on top.
- At 350 bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes.