Speaking of goals, one of my goals for the last few months (ok, maybe a bit longer!) has been to try and plan our dinners ahead. We sort of just wing it. It works, but its not always easy. This is a recipe that can be made ahead of time (with or without the protein) and frozen for when your ready for it. I made this one with chicken, but I think its better with Shrimp. (The chicken was a little dry) You could also cut strips of beef and have that as well. This recipe is pretty versatile! This soup is surprisingly quick and easy to make.
Coconut Curry Soup (Click here for a printable version)
- 1-2lbs of Chicken, Shrimp, or Beef.
- 3 cans of chicken broth
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 3 carrots
- Red pepper
- Green pepper
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- 1 onion
- 4-5 scallions chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon of curry powder
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- Few dashes of red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Handful basil leaves chopped
- 3 table spoons coconut aminos
- Olive oil
- Start by sautéing the Onions, Carrots and Peppers in some olive oil until the soften. Then add the garlic and ginger.
- While that’s sautéing, have a soup pot with the 3 cans of chicken broths heating with the curry powder.
- Once the veggies are soft, add them to the broth. If your using chicken, add it at this time! If your using beef, I would recommend cooking it either on the grill or in another pan now. Shrimp, just wait a bit :) (If its frozen, make sure its thawed and shelled.)
- Once your chicken is almost cooked, or your broth has been boiling, turn down to a simmer. Add the scallions, ginger, basil, red pepper flakes, Salt, Pepper and coconut aminos now. If your using shrimp or beef, add it now!
- Once the meat of choice is cooked though, its done! Garnish with more basil if desired.