Part of being a great athlete is of course nutrition. I am still struggling with breakfast, my love/hate relationship with eggs is still there. I have been trying to find some recipes to try that are almost as simple as hard boiled eggs! Last night Joe and I had our Paleo Pulled Pork in the crock pot. I found a recipe from one of my favorite sites, PaleOMG, for paleo tortilla shells. They are actually more like crepes, they have eggs in them, but taste delicious! And they actually held together with my pork! I have been looking for a recipe that I can use to substitute something like a tortilla, this is definitely it! Excited to see what else I could do with these as well...I think they will also work well with a fruit f
Paleo "Tortilla Shells"
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tortilla ingredients until smooth. (I used trader joes coconut milk - I used the creamy part as well as a little of the water part to thicken it. It took some wishing to get creamy, but well worth it!)
- In a small non stick skillet over medium-high heat, pour ingredients into the pan to create a pancake size tortilla. I would pour on the liquid, pick up the skillet to roll it around and flatten out the tortilla even more. Cook on both sides for just about a minute per side, or desired brown-ness
- Once they are done, stuff with your meat of choice and top with toppings of choice. In the picture, I used the pulled pork sprinkled with some onions and scallions, and some trader joes green salsa verde.